Tuesday, July 28, 2020

7/29/20 THE GREENBECKER GAMBIT By Ben Graff Hosted by @rararesources




The Greenbecker Gambit

‘I only feel truly alive when the chess clock is ticking and the patterns on the squares in front of me are dancing in my head. Very little else gives me the same feeling. Nothing else, that does not involve a flame.’

Tennessee Greenbecker is bravely optimistic as he sets out to claim what he sees as rightfully his – the title of world chess champion. But who is he really? Is he destined to be remembered as chess champion or fire-starter? Either way, might this finally be his moment?



THOUGHTS/REVIEW:

THE GREENBECKER GAMBIT by Ben Graff is a well written story about an anti-hero, a very interesting character for me to read. The writing was well done and I thought that the story pacing kept my interest as it moved this fabulous story, utilizing within the backdrop - the chess world. Having a family of chess players, this book intrigued me and found it a really interesting addition to this interesting character. 

The writing was certainly addicting as soon as I got into the story and into the mind of Tennessee Greenbecker. Graff explores the issues of mental health, isolation, and addiction in this thought provoking story. 

This is quite the enjoyable read, and I look forward to more books by Ben Graff. 


Amazon

Chess and Bridge



Author Bio 



Ben Graff is a writer, journalist and Corporate Affairs professional. He is a regular contributor to Chess and Authors Publish. He is not a grandmaster but did draw with one once.

Social Media Links 

Twitter
LinkedIn


No comments:

Post a Comment

12/5/2022 WITCHA GONA DO By Avery Flynn

  Publisher: Berkley (December 6, 2022) An unlucky witch and her know-it-all nemesis must team up in the first of a new, hot romantic comedy...