Tuesday, November 3, 2020

11.3.2020 Sherlock Holmes & the Ripper of Whitechapel By M. K. Wiseman

 





Publisher : Megan Wiseman; 1st edition (November 3, 2020)
ASIN : B088P92XWC
Publication date : November 3, 2020

Sherlock Holmes & the Ripper of Whitechapel

I am afraid that I, Sherlock Holmes, must act as my own chronicler in this singular case, that of the Whitechapel murders of 1888. For the way in which the affair was dropped upon my doorstep left me with little choice as to the contrary. Not twelve months prior, the siren’s call of quiet domesticity and married life had robbed me of Watson’s assistance as both partner and recorder of my cases. Thus, when detective inspector Lestrade of Scotland Yard required a lead—any lead—I found myself forced to pursue Jack the Ripper alone and without the aid of my faithful friend. And all for the most damnedable of reasons:

Early on in my investigations, Dr. John H. Watson, formerly of 221b Baker Street, emerged as my prime suspect.



Editorial Review:

" . . . an absorbing read for Sherlock-ians and fans of true crime, and it will keep readers on their toes throughout." - Kirkus Reviews
"It is a brilliant story that held me spellbound from start to finish; I couldn't put it down for anything. Filled with murder, mystery, and suspense, this captivating novel will not fail to delight Sherlock Holmes fans and sleuth fans alike." - Susan Sewell for Readers' Favorite
"A gripping historical fiction that also highlights the lack of forensic integrity of that age and how the lack of procedure used in the case often contributed to the loss of valuable clues that could have aided in solving this case." - Lee County Library System, senior librarian







MY THOUGHTS:

Happy pub day today for the release of this amazing read that I was able to enjoy ahead of release day, and was it fabulous. 

I really enjoyed this book so much, I had to remind myself that this is a novel written in 2020 and not in the 1880's.

I am a huge fan of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and the Sherlock Holmes mystery series, and I thought that author M. K. Wiseman did this latest installment to the Sherlock Homes series, justice. 

Wiseman wrote so impeccably Sherlock Holmes' voice and the Victorian time period. This was a feat in itself.  I could only imagine the pressures of being compared to a writer with millions of fans - but this book was so well written and details so well presented, that it did not distract me from reading this fabulous story. 

The story was told through Sherlock Holmes' point of view which I really enjoyed. The story was well plotted and involves the Ripper and in some way finds his dear friend John Watson somehow in the middle of the story. 

I really did enjoy that aspect very much! 

This was such an engrossing and captivating read I highly recommend for any mystery and thriller fans, and most especially Doyle and Holmes fans will find this a true delight to read. 

Well done!!


Purchase Link

UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sherlock-Holmes-Ripper-Whitechapel-Wiseman-ebook/dp/B088P92XWC

US - https://www.amazon.com/Sherlock-Holmes-Ripper-Whitechapel-Wiseman-ebook/dp/B088P92XWC




Author Bio – M. K. Wiseman has degrees in Interarts & Technology and Library & Information Studies from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Her office, therefore, is a curious mix of storyboards and reference materials. Both help immensely in the writing of historical novels. She currently resides in Cedarburg, Wisconsin.

Social Media Links –

http://mkwisemanauthor.com

https://twitter.com/FaublesFables

https://www.facebook.com/FaublesFables/

https://www.instagram.com/faublesfables/

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7073540.M_K_Wiseman

No comments:

Post a Comment

12/5/2022 WITCHA GONA DO By Avery Flynn

  Publisher: Berkley (December 6, 2022) An unlucky witch and her know-it-all nemesis must team up in the first of a new, hot romantic comedy...